We Need a Lawyer!
RK Law is a busy Criminal, DV and Family Law firm on East Street Rockhampton. We are urgently seeking a full-time lawyer to become a valued member of our team. We currently have 3 Lawyers and 3 admin staff. We operate a thriving, vibrant practice and have built an outstanding reputation throughout Central Queensland.
- Appearing in FCC, Magistrates, District and Supreme Courts on a daily basis for mentions, sentences, contested applications and hearings;
- Drafting Affidavits, Applications, and other court documents in Criminal and Family Law matters;
- Autonomous conduct of criminal family and DV files in both summary and committal streams;
- Liaising with clients, court staff, prosecution agencies and external stakeholders; and
- Instructing and working closely with Counsel.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Preferable minimum of 6 months PAE (We would prefer someone who is Duty Lawyer Accredited or keen to become a Duty Lawyer);
- Outstanding written and verbal advocacy skills;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven experience in criminal and family law;
- Knowledge of Legal Aid Queensland guidelines and processes.
- Competitive Salary + Super available to the right candidate.
- CPD Conferences.
- Immediate start available.
Please provide a copy of your CV and a covering letter to our jobs emails account: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year