It’s time to stand up for the people you love
When people are separating there is often a lot of shame attached. If you need hope, then you need to make an appointment with Rowan King at RK Law. Although we are Sunshine Coast Lawyers, we have represented people with Parenting and Property matters all over Australia.
The team at RK Law have helped hundreds of families move forward with their lives, and we’ll help you find a solution that works for everyone.
Rowan King is often asked:
- How do I get Divorced?
- I am thinking of separating from my partner, what do I do?
- How do we actually divide and separate our assets?
- What is stopping them from moving away and taking the kids?
At RK Law we will help you to find hope in your separation.
Separation and divorce arrangements
From separation through to official divorce proceedings and property settlements, our team will help ease the difficulty of divorce or separation.
RK Law can represent you at any stage of the process, from mediation through to court on a full range of complex family law issues:
- Urgent recovery orders
- Parenting orders
- Passports/International Travel
- Living arrangements
- Time arrangements
- Parental responsibilities
- Relocation – interstate or international
- Superannuation splits
- Maintenance and child support
- Property Settlements
What information can I get together to help my Lawyer?
No matter what type of Family Law case, your lawyer will need you to be armed with the following answers:
- Who is the other party, and what is their date of birth?
- When did you get together?
- When did you separate?
- Where and when did you get married?
- Are you divorced yet?
If you have a parenting matter it is important to come to your appointment with the following information:
- Names & Date of Birth for all children?
- Where do they go to school?
- What was the parenting arrangement when you were together?
- What is the current arrangement?
- Do you want anything to change?
If you have a property matter, it is important to come to your appointment with the following information:
- What did you have when you got together?
- What property was acquired during the relationship?
- What did you have at separation?
- Has anything been sold?
- What property is in joint names?
- What do you want to achieve?
We also encourage people to write down their questions, worries, and fears. Speaking to a lawyer can be intimidating, but Rowan King and the team will do what we can to help you understand the process, and find some hope despite the situation.
If you come to an appointment armed with this information, it will help you to stay on track, and get answers to your questions.
Domestic & Family Violence
Domestic violence is a complex area of law – separate from family law but not totally removed. It’s hard enough dealing with your situation, so let us make your legal advice simple and your legal representation easy. We’re experts in getting a quick solution that keeps everyone safe.
RK Law helps victims of domestic violence to legally protect themselves. We also represent those responding to DV applications to ensure that they are fairly represented. For more information click here.
Where do I find Family Court Forms?
Family Law cases are often won on the papers. You wouldn’t watch a youtube video to then cut a cancer off your face – you would see a surgeon! You really need a lawyer on your side helping to put the paperwork together. If you would like access though to the family law forms and paperwork, click here.
Wills and Estates
A Will is an important part of your life’s journey. If you’re reading this and wondering how long it’s been since you updated yours – we’re here to help.
RK Law can help you or a loved one to make or change a will, establish or change a power of attorney, or anything else concerning your legal estate. We’ll even make house calls or hospital visits.
We can arrange:
- Testamentary trusts
- Enduring Power of Attorney
- Estate administration
- Letters of administration on intestacy
- Advising executors
- Acting as executor, administrator or trustee
- Guardianship and administration applications
- Contesting or defending a will
- Claiming or defending further provision from an estate